I am Professor of Philosophy and Culture and Director of the Sociology and Social Thought Program at Hillsdale College. Here is Hillsdale’s website. I am in the Philosophy & Religion Department. I have been employed at Hillsdale since 1992. Views expressed by me, either here on this webpage/blog or on social media, are not to be taken as representative in any way of my employer, and views expressed by their representatives are not necessarily mine.
A recent PDF copy of my curriculum vitae is available here.
A sampling of classes that I have taught with some regularity over the years:
- Understanding Society & Culture
- Emergence of Sociological Thought
- Interaction & Social Definition
- Deviance & Social Control
- American Philosophy (usually focusing on classical pragmatism)
- 20th Century Continental Philosophy
- Recent Continental Philosophy
- Knowledge, Thought & Society (AKA Sociology of Knowledge)
- Anabaptist Christianity
- Seminars on major thinkers (incl. Merleau-Ponty, Hegel, Heidegger, Derrida, Freud) or topics (incl. community, ritual, psychoanalytic thought, language & Continental philosophy)
- Religion, Society & Culture
- The American Religious Landscape